Like all survivors of child sexual abuse, I bounced back and forth between anxiety (fear of the future) and depression (sadness about my past). The abuse had taught me to shut down my emotions when faced with an uncomfortable situation.
But that toxic coping skill also kept me from enjoying the good feelings I experienced. I was imprisoned in a constant state of numbness. It’s no wonder my husband used to call me the “Ice Queen.” Yikes!
As a child, I was terrified of expressing my feelings. I knew it would just get me into trouble with the adults in my house. When I grew up, I was terrified of these trapped emotions. They were so intense I was afraid if I ever expressed them I’d lose control, start crying, and never stop.
On Thursday May 5th, my next FREE 90-minute webinar will go live. This one is about dealing with your emotions. In this webinar, you’ll receive information about:
- How to recognize and express your feelings
- How to correctly identify an emotion (real, learned, or perceived)
- How to tell the difference between these three kinds of emotions
- How to safely release pent-up emotional energy from sadness, anger, fear, etc.
- The emotional benefits of mindfulness, journaling, inner child work
- How to control your out-of-control feelings
- How to explore, manage, and express emotions in a healthy way
- Personal stories from my own life to show you how to do this
- And much, much more!
Today, I can safely express a wide range of emotions. In fact, my husband has a new name for me. He calls me the “Queen of Hearts.” I’ve come a long way!
You can, too. If you’d like to learn how to deal with all your emotions (the good ones and the scary ones), join me on Thursday, May 5th, at 12:00noon (PST).
Save the date and I will send the link and access soon! Look forward to seeing you there!
Are you struggling with your healing journey? I can help you take that next step. Just follow (this link) or call 619-889-6366 to reserve a one-hour coaching session with me. My calendar is filling up fast, so don’t wait. Let me help you heal your life. Reserve your spot NOW!
Are you on my email list? If you’d like to receive my empowering monthly newsletter and an email with a link to my weekly blog post, click here: http://www.educate4change.com/